Aims & Objectives:
- Enable young people who have experienced complex grief to work through their grief and make a new beginning in their changed family situation.
- Raise awareness and greater understanding of the grief experienced by young people as the result of the loss of a parent or significant person through death, divorce or separation.
- Create personal development opportunities which will inspire young people to grow in self esteem and confidence.
- Recognise and encourage the positive contribution that peer education can make to the lives of young people.
- Develop constructive and positive relationships which will promote the sharing and exchange of information between individuals and organisations concerned with the development of young people.
- Seek more effective ways of empowering young people to be heard and listened to and to inform and influence policy makers on their behalf
- Encourage the inclusion of child grief programmes in mainstream education curricula.